With winter on its way and colder temperatures already upon us, Canadians are finally accepting the fact that bundling up has returned to being an everyday practice. For summer-lovers, this is disappointing. But for many others, the opportunity to cover up is most welcomed. It’s not just that they want to keep warm, mind you. Additional clothing helps to avoid exposing varicose and spider veins in their legs.
Of course, covering up doesn’t make them go away. This is why the Aurora Medical Laser & Vein Centre so proudly offers sclerotherapy as its spider vein-fighting solution. Known as the “gold standard” when it comes to the removal of spider veins, this fascinating treatment involves the injection of a “sclerosing” solution that works to close “feeder veins” under the skin. This helps to diminish their appearance without the use of laser.
According to VeinDirectory.org, sclerotherapy is faster and more effective than laser treatments when it comes to spider vein removal. “In one study, sclerotherapy was 50 to 70 percent effective on spider veins versus 30 to 40 percent effectiveness for surface laser treatment,” reports the site. They go on to point out that the treatment is especially beneficial for those with low pain thresholds because it is typically less painful than laser therapies.
But what other reasons are there to choose sclerotherapy for spider vein removal? Here are five:
1. It’s a time-saving procedure. Not only does sclerotherapy allow patients to experience virtually painless solutions to their spider vein problems, but the treatments are also known to be quick and easy. Often, a procedure will last approximately half an hour or so, depending on the size of the area that is being treated. It’s important, however, for patients to keep their legs compressed with either stockings or bandages for two weeks after treatment.
2. There is very minimal downtime. Sclerotherapy is not major surgery by any stretch of the imagination. Patients are able to return to their homes on the same days that they receive the treatments. With very little downtime, people can return to their normal routines very shortly after the treatments are performed. In fact, they are encouraged to be up on their feet, walking around in order to promote blood circulation in the legs.
3. Visible results are quickly noticeable. If you’re looking for a quick solution to your spider vein problem, sclerotherapy is for you. Often, immediate improvements can be seen. Some patients describe the experience as seeing their veins disappearing before their eyes! In some cases, two or three treatments may be necessary. But, it is quite common for the results to be noticeable within very short periods of time.
4. It’s the most effective solution. We may have pointed this out earlier, but it deserves repeating. While laser treatments provide fantastic results for many other conditions, sclerotherapy is best when it comes to varicose and spider veins. It has been proven to be more effective than laser treatments because it addresses the issue of what causes the veins to form to begin with. By closing off “feeder veins”, a recurrence of spider veins in the treated area is a lot less likely.
5. It can treat deep and large veins. At the Aurora Medical Laser & Vein Centre, we also perform what is known as “echo sclerotherapy” to treat deep and superficial large varicose veins. This safe and efficient treatment eliminates the need for surgery. The procedure is done under Doppler ultrasound guidance. For more information, please don’t hesitate to call the Aurora Medical Laser & Vein Centre at 403-358-5818 or email email@example.com.