With Christmas less than a month away and the holiday shopping season in full swing, Canadians are packing the malls looking for gifts for their loved ones. We’re guessing you may have a list of those you need to buy gifts for. But we’d like to take this opportunity to remind you of some gifts that you can buy for a very special loved one: your skin!
Here are five holiday gifts to buy for your skin:
1. Sunscreen. Yes, we know that the summertime is far behind us. But that doesn’t matter to the sun. While the temperatures will be low throughout the next few months, the sun’s UV rays will still be beaming down on us. It’s important to keep your skin protected from the sun all year round so as to avoid sun damage and early signs of aging. “Though exposure to sunlight especially in the morning is very beneficial to overall health, too much sun can damage the skin and accelerate the skin’s aging process,” says SalonPriceLady.com.
2. Almonds. And we’re not talking about the chocolate covered kinds that are easy to find during the holiday season. “Almonds are very good skin savers,” informs SalonPriceLady.com, “They provide essential fatty acids that help against inflammation which hastens facial lines and sagging. Most dermatologists take almonds with their breakfast so there’s no chance of forgetting to eat some during the day. That’s how important almonds are.”
3. Paraben-free products. We ladies love our makeup. But, it’s really important that what we’re applying to our faces doesn’t contain harmful chemicals or drying agents. Ensure that the skin care products you buy are paraben-free. As Jeremy Poon explains on StreetDirectory.com, “parabens are synthetic chemical preservatives that are widely used in personal care products such as shampoos, conditioners, hair styling products, make-up, facial masks, skin lotions and creams, and deodorants.”
4. Comfortable pyjamas. Anything that will help you to get a better night’s sleep is great for your skin. As SalonPriceLady.com explains, “our entire body recovers during sleep the skin, included. People who miss out on the suggested 8 hours of sleep will show signs of aging faster than those who are able to rejuvenate from a complete and restful slumber. Lack of sleep and rest will surely have their toll and it will show primarily on your skin through dryness, facial lines, looseness and eye bags.”
5. Weights. If heading to the gym is on your New Year’s Resolutions list, we recommend picking up some light weights so that you can do your workouts at home. Too often, people become “gung ho” about working out in the new year, but slip off of their routines when driving through the snow to the gym becomes too much of a chore. Working out at home can be just as beneficial, especially if you have some weights of your own.
And as SalonPriceLady.com explains, weight training is beneficial for your skin. “Some weight training not only keeps your muscles tight and firm but your skin as well,” the site points out, “Working out in the gym not only tones the muscles in your body but your facial muscles as well.”
At the Aurora Medical Laser & Vein Centre, have a number of excellent treatments that assist with the rejuvenation of your skin. They include Microdermabrasion, Facial Peels and Intense Pulse Light Photo Rejuvenation (IPL). Perhaps, one of these treatments will make for the perfect holiday gift for your skin! For more information about them, please don’t hesitate to call us at 403-358-5818 or email email@example.com.